Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tasmanian Spurts

Ahh finally some original art! Feels soooo goooood!


The now endangered Tasmanian Devil...


...and the extinct Tasmanian Tiger (or Thylacine)

I was really inspired after my Dumm week and had some time before I had to do some homework so I started drawing and these two aussies popped out. I colored them on the spot. I always loved Australian animals and marsupials, they're probably the most interesting fauna of any continent. Think I might develope a story or concept with em...

Done on brown paper with prisma color markers, white gel pens, white colored pencil, brush pens and microns. Enjoy, mates! (I'm not Australian nor can I do a proper imitation of an Australian accent)

-Zach

4 comments:

Red said...

Ugh I heard they're endangered, was it because of non-native foxes or something else?

Nico said...

so sad that Taz is endangered! :(

But they will live in forever in your friggen awesome artwork! You are awesome Zach!!!

jake armstrong said...

These are great man! Awesome forms and really solid linework.

Tony said...

I stumbled across your blog when I googled Tasmanian Devils. I'm Tasmanian myself & I absolutely love your rendition of both our Tassy Tiger & Devil. Awesome work