Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Dodo Est. 1603




Back in the summer of 1603 I was on the Island of Mauritius and spotted this little guy waddling around, so I decided to sketch him. He had a very fearful look on his face. A few years later I found out his entire species were all dead! Hm, I guess this little guy knew about that before it happened....makes ya wonder...

Anyway, yea this is a Dodo (Raphus cucullatus to be specifical). Tried to make this look kinda like those old etchy drawings of animals from the olden times. It was fun.

Done with Prisma color markers, white gel pens, white colored pencil, microns and brush pens on brown paper.

ENJOY! And thanks for all the recent comments and adds! You guys are cool :]

-Zach

3 comments:

Michael J. Ruocco said...

I like this. You know I like this, don'tcha?

Demented little scamp, isn't he?

Scott Diggs Underwood said...

dodo's are the world's greatest loss...
nice stuff!
-and thanks for the compliments...

Nico said...

dododododododo! Great as always, Zach