Thursday, May 14, 2009

Slippery Bastards and Rain Dogs

What's this? Another post from meeee? How unheard of!


I've been so pleased with my animal drawings so I decided to do another! Like the boar, eels are another one of my favorites. For this slippery bastard I wanted to try something "arts and crafts-ish" and was inspired by some pieces made by Katie Rice. Got this cool tye dyed construction paper. I think it looks bitchin.


Ok, please tell me SOMEONE out there listens to Tom Waits. Anyone? Anyone? Hm?
Well I've been really into him and since he's got such a distinct mug I just had to caricature him and all while listening to half of his discography, haha.


Gah, I've been on such an art high, I haven't been doin this much decent art in forever!
I love you summer vacation!

-Zach

5 comments:

Kali Fontecchio said...

I like Tom Waits in the movie Down By Law- great flick!

And I love the piece you did!

A. Bair said...

That eel is just about the sickest piece of art I've ever seen. Really really awesome.

Zach Bellissimo said...

Kali- Thanks! Yea that was an awesome movie, partly because his character's name was Zack :D

A. Bair- Thank ya vury vury vury much :]

Roland said...

Great caricature. Love Tom Waits

Danny said...

I absolutely adore Tommy. Great picture.