Monday, June 29, 2009

Wackyland!

IT CAN HAPPEN...HERE!

My entry for the Autumn Society's Golden Age of Comics and Animation Show
I did a tribute to the 1938 "Porky in Wackyland" short and the carbon copy 1949 remake "Dough for the Do-Do". I also considered doing scenes from The Skeleton Dance or Hell's Bells but figured more people would recognize Porky and the Dodo, plus I always loved those shorts. I don't know why so many people knock Porky. I think he's hilarious. And the Dodo doesn't even look like how a real dodo should but thats why its funny to me, haha.

Enjoy!

-Zach

5 comments:

Niko Anesti said...

Yes, one of my favorites! I'll be at the opening, so I can't wait to see this up-close!

Nico said...

Zach... holy jesus this is incredible.

Kurdt said...

Awesome, you should do more of these!

Kali Fontecchio said...

Ah!

Alkuadrado said...

Incredible drawing, your art is amazing, grettings!