Friday, June 19, 2009

Where the Wild Cards Are

The night Zach found his mini bristol drawing cards, he grabbed his markers and made mischeif of one kind...



9 Where the Wild Things Are Portrait Cards!

"Where the Wild Things Are" is most definatley one of my favorite books of all time. I just had a notion a couple days ago to do some practice drawings for a larger piece I'm planning on doin, and then these 9 beasties popped out! Each character is drawn from a certain pose and page in the book. Wanted to give tribute to it but keep it in my style. I had lots of fun on these little buggers.

Also check out this awesome blog! Terrible Yellow Eyes is a collection of tribute pieces for Maurice Sendak's wonderous book. Very inspirational.



And keep those yellow eyes glued here! I plan on creating some more Wild Things related pieces.

Until then, see ya later and thanks for peeping!

-Zach

1 comments:

GillianIvy said...

Omigod, this is my favorite work of yours yet! The character translates so well to your style. Awesomeness.