Friday, August 7, 2009

Comic Con Highlights

Yea, I know it's been a while since Comic Con but I've been pretty busy. Just needed a minute to settle down. Buuut, here are some highlights from my 2nd time at SAN DIEGO COMIC CON!




Tom and Mike at the LEGO booth.


Tiny Kitten Teeth booth with Frank, Becky and all their wacky friends.


Awesome Beach Party of Awesomness




And an awesome beach party it was...


We met these two crazy kids! Nico and Kali. Coolest people ever.


And then we met another cool guy...



The best part of Comic Con: STANDIN' AROUND


Dinner with Eric Bauza, John K, Kali, and Nico.


BAUZA! Such a cool guy.


Drawing party with Frank and Becky's crew at some swanky hotel.


Thats right, we met the Coraline crew. Sadly Henry Selick left after the panel


I WANT.


Gaaaaaaaaah Dekay gaaaah!


Look its Fred Osmond!


Some heavenly cupcakes...

Molly and Carl wanted a drawing from Tara and me, so we did this...

Ain't it cute?


NICO!



Budzones forever.


This guy had fuckin weird ass shoes!


The second best part of Comic Con: SITTIN AROUND


I don't remember why Ricky was so mad, but it makes for a silly picture.


Becky and Frank!


Croc skeleton at the zoo.

Croc skeleton with skin, muscles, and scales at the zoo.


Our new family member.


Ugliest animals in the zoo.


Denny's cheese fries! In case you didn't know they don't have Denny's in NY, where I live.


We got to meet Nico and Kali's kitty!


And some more awesome artists! L-R: Katie, Luke, Nico, Gabe, Kyle and Lindsay.


And here John drew me in all my droopy eyed, monkey faced glory! And also revealed the secret of Ren's tail.


And Kali drew us too! Tara's not taller than me.

Life lesson brought to you by Thurop Van Orman.

Last but not least is my SWAG! -drools-

Thats it for now.
Stay classy San Diego! See ya next time.


-Zach

9 comments:

Malcolm said...

Glad to know you guys, had fun. Are you planning on going next year?

Mukpuddy said...

That is some sweet Comic Con loot dude! Bummer I didn't get to bump into you guys :( Where abouts did you meet up with the Dumm Comics crew, that would've been cool too?!

Zach Bellissimo said...

Malcom: YES! I do plan on goin next year.

Mukpuddy: We met up with all the Dummies separately. We saw Fred walking around, had breakfast with Ricky, had dinner with Katie, Luke, Gabe and Kyle. We didn't get to see Sean or David sadly. Hopefully next year!

Nico said...

Such a great time!!!!! I miss you guyz tons. Only 11 and 1/2 more months until we get to do it all over again!!!!!!

p.s. Forget that last part, please move here right now. Like, right NOW. kthx

Jimmy Harrigan said...

Wow. Guess you had a pretty good time over there. I bet the beach party was awesome. How did you feel when you met John K.?

Pedro Vargas said...

Wow, very cool, Zach! It's cool to see you had fun and met some really awesome people! I've always wanted to go to CC. Maybe next year I'll go.

Kali Fontecchio said...

"p.s. Forget that last part, please move here right now. Like, right NOW. kthx"

I concur with my apartment counterpart! Jiji agrees too, she enjoyed eating your arm!

BTW I'm in LOVE with the drawings you and Tara did- you guys are a-------mazing!

Robert Colins said...

I'm so jealous at you right now. What intrigues me more is this: when you do someone's caricature, you surely give him the picture, right? Now, I might ask stupid questions right now, and I'm sorry for that, but doesn't make it a bit impossible to have a picture given away AND have the scanned picture. Here comes the stupid question: How is that possible?

Zach Bellissimo said...

Nico: Gah, I know, I can't wait either! An entire year! WTF!

Jimmy: I felt AWESOME.

Pedro: Dude, please go next year, I'd love to meet you.

Kali: Haha, we were so glad you liked the pics! You and Nico deserve em for being so a-----mazing.
And Jiji is welcome to eat my arm anytime. She's so cute.

Robert: I don't really know what you mean. John, Kali and Thurop all gave me those pictures after they drew em and then I scanned em when I got home. That sounds possible to me -shrug-