Saturday, October 10, 2009

It had'a One Long Horn and'aOne Big Eye...


I commenced'a shaking and I said "ooh eee!"
It looked like a Purple People Eater to me!

Based off the classic song by Sheb Wooley, the One Eyed, One Horned, Flying Purple People Eater is a Halloween legend! It was kind of a challenge to design this guy since there's not really any art of him anywhere (or any GOOD art), so I had to take that in my own hands. I'm pretty pleased with the end result. I even gave him short shorts! And I wanted it to look like a beaten up old Halloween postcard.

Hand inked on brown paper and pimped out in Photoshop.

And here's something extra. A compositional assignment for one of my classes. My characters Jillyan and Voodoo Croc who I'm currently writing a story for.



The composition part needs some work, haha.

So I've been kinda bombarded with school work, and commissions and my job takes up alot of unartistical effort so I haven't really been doing alot of art for myself. I'll try my best to update more.

Tequilaaaa
-Zach

4 comments:

Nico said...

awesome!! I love your lovely ladies, Zach!

Lluis fuzzhound said...

I love that song!!! great drawing too!

roger ycaza said...

Great Zach!!!

Dennis Cornetta said...

Just recently found your blog. Your work is incredible.