Monday, November 9, 2009

Isn't that nice?

I got an awesome new brush pen and was compelled to try it out whilst working on my inking skills.


Ratch seems very interested. Tell him more!


I need to draw my characters more often. This is Jillyan. I dunno what she's doing here, but it sure was fun to draw.

And how!

So I haven't been posting anything lately cuz things have been really busy for me and my laptop broke and my neighbor's fixing it, and he let me borrow some dell lappy that one of his clients found in the trash...yea...works fine to me.

But I'll try to post more soon. I miss me blog.

8 comments:

Trevor Thompson said...

Holy crap, dude. What are you doing still in college? You've found the grail. Head out to LA and get a job already.

Seriously... you're very lucky to have developed your own style at such a young age. Fantastic!

Malcolm said...

Awesome, man. Just curious, what brand of pen did you get?

Zach Bellissimo said...

Oh Trevor, you are too kind!

Malcolm- Its called a Pentel Pocket Brush Pen, comes with 2 replacable ink cartridges and the tip never wears out. Thing cost me 15 bones but its worth it.

Mike Luckas said...

The Pentel pocket brush actually can wear out if you fuck with it too much, but I doubt you would be that careless with it.

The ink cartridges will also run out real quick, so if you find that you really like the way the pen works for you, you might wanna look into the regular sized Pentel brush pen. I think it refills with ink out of a bottle rather than cartridges, and the body is much larger so it can hold more ink.

Shawn Dickinson said...

Nice!!!! Those lines look awesome!

I only started trying brush pens a little while ago and I love them. I'll look for that Pentel brush pen you mentioned....I'm using Pitt brush pens and I get sad when they dry out.

15 bones sounds worth it. Where did you get it?

Zach Bellissimo said...

Mike, your such a downer, lol.

Shawn- I started using them last year and only now am I really starting to get the hang of it. I got mine at an art store near my school. 15 dolly hairs is definatley worth it, yo.

Kali Fontecchio said...

Nice! Brush pens are tricky! I love the japanese ones the most though- those guys really know how to make 'em!

WIL BRANCA said...

Coolness!!!