Friday, December 11, 2009

Fruit Bat Animation

I said I'd post animation, didn't I?

Well this right here is an assignment for my Animation Workshop class at SVA. We has to have a character start off with one emotion and then end with a completely different one. I had a silly idea to do a fruit bat with a gigantic apple. Its animated entirely in Flash CS3.




My teacher said I'd be a good layout artist.


And just for fun, here's some early drawings of the bat (he doesn't have a name yet). I simplified him a bit for the animation, but I do like this detailed version, especially his bow tie.



Also if you to go my Youtube channel you can see a hi-larious video of my cat in a box. I don't want to post it up here because I want the animation to get all the attention, haha.

I have one other animation I want to post but I'm gonna wait a bit, I might want to clean that one up some more.

More postings to come!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Ha ha ha!!! That looks awesome! I agree with your teacher, although it seems you're already pretty good at layout. How long have you been learning how to actually animate?

Zach Bellissimo said...

Thanks Katie!
Well I've been in college for 3 years but I started trying animation on my own like in highschool.

Kali Fontecchio said...

Definitely get into layout! Layout is hard stuff!

I like his little bow-tie in the original one too!

A.L. Twayne said...

Holy hell, you're excellent. <3

Kaitlyn Ritter said...

That animation is fantastic. I totally dig it!

Uncle Phil said...

nice bat!