Saturday, May 22, 2010

Frank Zappa plus Tattoos!

Howdy! Haven't been here in a while. Sorry about that. I've been enjoying my summer vacation so far. I have a lot to post though, but I'll start with this first cuz I'm super stoked about it!


So I was commissioned to do this Frank Zappa caricature for a man with an awesome mustache.

My dad had introduced me to Zappa's music, and I always thought he was really weird and comedic, which is my cup of tea. Since then I never had the reason to ever caricature him, until now.

Aside from just doing the caricature he souly wanted it for this purpose...







He wanted it to match my Tom Waits image which he also wanted on his arm. I could see these two having a smoke together talking about random shit...



I've been commissioned a couple times to do tattoo designs but I've never seen the actual tattoo on the person, so you can see why I'm super excited about this.

I got alot of sketches and animations and stuff to show, but I'll show that another time.

BYE

11 comments:

Jordan said...

Glad I stumbled upon your blog. Your art is killer and kudos on your musical tastes as well.

Tara Billinger said...

Yay! I'm glad they ACTUALLY got the tattoo as some I've been commissioned for didnt get theirs. I still think you should give the originals to the artists and I wonder what the tattoo artist thought of these and what him and the mustache guy talked about during those painful hours of inking.

Skamitis said...

Love that Zappa... Your work is incredible !

_c.pure images said...

ah that's so awesome! the design is great for a tattoo very cool very cool

Kali Fontecchio said...

OMG you should totally show this to John- that was his childhood hero!

Shawn Dickinson said...

That's so cool! Man, your caricature style is amazing! I wanna see MOOOOAAARRR!!!!

Sinj said...

That Zappa is amazing, love it.

Hayden Currie said...

Great Zappa and a killer Waitsy. Mean.

narj said...

Your Frank Zappa art is the real shit man! I'm looking online for a cool Zappa caricature to repost on my blog and this one earned it.

Paul Schipper Recording said...

Is the original digital or traditional?

Zach Bellissimo said...

Traditional!