Sunday, June 13, 2010

Abby Normal?

"I'm almost certain that was the name."

"Are you telling me...that I put an abnormal brain into the body of a 7 and a half foot loooong...54 inch wiiiide....GORILLA?! IS THAT WHAT YOUR TELLING MEEE?!"



Gene Wilder as Dr. Frankenstein (Fron-Kon-Stean!)
And Marty Feldman as Igor (Eye-Gor)

This was a private commission someone wanted to get tattooed. Working on this rekindled my love for Young Frankenstein. I think it might be one of my favorite comedies of all time. Sooo many great lines and moments. Definitely gonna draw these guys another time.



The person who wanted it wanted the image in color, but since the ENTIRE movie is in black and white, I made an alternative version that was posted on my Deviant Art account. No offense!



Also this is a super late b'day gift for my really good buddy, Nico!

These are his hipster chicks, Scribble and Skarfy (you can guess which is which) doing what they do best...being...hipsters...hanging outside coffee shops... going to weird parties...buying clothes from thrift stores...texting....

Anyway, I totally owe this Nico for being such an awesome guy, he deserves this more then ever! And the letters are stickers.

More more more coming soon soon soon!

10 comments:

Katie said...

Oooooh, I love Young Frankenstein!! This is excellent! You draw great faces, Zach...the expression on Scribble is sooo good. ^u^

Sinj said...

This is great

Wings said...

LOVE IT.

When I have the $, I want you to do my tat, too. (heh - punny!)

Shawn Dickinson said...

haha! That's GREAT! I love your caricature style! That Gene Wilder is PERFECT!

Also, I love the Nosferatu in your last post! VERY cool!!!!!

Nico said...

Words cannot express how much I love this, but I've already tried my best yesterday when you showed me this in private. Thank you SO MUCH again Zach for the beautiful drawing of my lovely girls! You rock!

Okay and that Wilder and Feldman are AWESOME. Pure awesome. What would I do without my weekly shot o' Bellissimo art!

She-Thing said...

Hahaha just GEART!! YF Fan Artdom!!!! Wish there was a "favourites" option in blogger.

Keep postin', keep ostin'



saludos

Kali Fontecchio said...

The Scribble n Skarfy one is super awesome!!

Giuseppe Bianco said...

Great Gene Wilder!

John Michael Pesina said...

Young Frankenstein is an awesome movie! You nailed Gene Wilder!

Oh, and I loved the Nosferatui in the last post. You're awesome!

Sorcha Murphy said...

Wooooooooooah.
Great Gene Wilder!!!!!!
Love that movie :D