Monday, June 21, 2010

Enter...Foolish Mortals...

No art in this post. Sorry. But since this coming September I will be moving into the dorms by my school, I wanted to take pictures of my room at home and share them with you before I take all the good posters and knick knacks into the dorm.


What you usually see when you walk in.


Close the door!


I like tiki's.


And look, Chloe's here to join us on our tour!


Yea, I collect alot of things.


There's even stuff on the Tv. Tara got me that Boop doll.


Figures and DVD collection.


The Betty Boop thing is a VHS set.




Monster movie posters, rare Gorillaz poster...




Hit this guy while driving near some woods. Its bigger then the one Rob Zombie has.




Yes, that's an official cel from Great Mouse Detective. What? I love that movie.


Tara's plushie she made me and my freeze dried bat.


Side of my dresser.


On top of my dresser.


Giant gummi bear!


Baby alligator from the 50's.


Tara got me those fishies too (the toothy ones).


My work space! The table was from my aunt who worked for a drafting company...I think...




Usually not this neat....




My markers...


I used to collect those little guys...and look! Night Fury!


Mexican Mad Monster Party poster, Skadi print, sharks...


Another rare Gorillaz poster...


Marilyn, Skeleton, more Gorillaz...


Some sketchbooks...a ray gun...


Gorillaz vinyls, Tara art...


Those two apes need to pay their rent...


My shelf collections! I have every Nightmare Before Christmas figure! And man, are they dusty!




Books books books...I like books...


Ren and Stimpy, Wild Things...


Flying monkey statue, pokemon figures, Twisted Land of Oz figures...


Aaand more books, piles of art and my boots.

Well wasn't that fun?! Ok its over now, you can go home, haha.
I love my room, its like a bubble of inspiration to me.

Thanks for checking it out and I promise next post will have art!

15 comments:

Shawn Dickinson said...

What a cool room! You have so much crazy stuff, I could probably stare at all the cartoony goodness for hours!

And there's a Shawn Dickinson cartoon poster on your wall too! I'm honored!

Nico said...

Wow. Just... wow!! You might have the coolest bedroom I've ever seen!! I wish I could just live in your room for like, a day. Want to bedroom-swap for a weekend Zach? :D

AWWW, you have a framed photo of me and you! I went "AWW" out loud when I saw it just now! Love all your Boop stuff.. I have that VHS collection too!

Haha sweet belt collection. Lots of Ren & Stimpy stuff! Is that a real bat???

NICE Song of the South poster. Gotta love Gorillaz. Those two apes made me lol! Space Ghost action figures, nice, I've got those too. Whoa where'd you get those Aah Real Monsters toys?

Such a cool room. The only thing I'm sad about is you having to MOVE all (or most) of this stuff when you move to the dorms this year! That's gonna be a bitch. :( Well maybe only take your essential stuff and if you can leave the rest for later, just do that. Yeahhh, that's the ticket.

YAY ZACH

Malcolm said...

Dude....This...is..without a doubt...the...coolest....room...I've..ever...SEEN! Too bad I don't have the cash to live like that.

Zach Bellissimo said...

Shawn- You know, it dude!

Nico- Yes, its a real bat, The SOTS poster is actually a record, the Monster toys I've had since childhood, and I'm not gonna bring EVERYTHING to my dorm, just a couple posters. I'll prolly take some pics of my dorm too, hahah.

Malcom- Thanks, but I'm not rich. I hate when people thing that just cuz I have alot of stuff. Most of that stuff I bought with my own money and I hardly ever throw anything away.

Tara Billinger said...

I live in this room, Nico. Jealous?

It is the warmest room in the house and Tara likes warm, yes. Especially in frickin' cold New York. And I have the Aaah, real monsters plushies that I kept while growing up. :D Zach=Figures, Tara=Plushies.

I should do this but most of my stuff is in storage. Picture this room but more cutesy or most of it is the same stuff he has lol :<

Zach, you should help me find poster frames and shelves to display my stuff when you get here. Ya know I don't like holes in my posters.

llama said...

oh my freakin' lawd.... its like you went into my head, took the bedroom i dream about and made it real... aaaaand then made it 10 times more amazing. Wow.

Kali Fontecchio said...

Awesome!!!! Your room is really cool! It's sad it has to be taken apart, but I'm sure you can build all back up again!

I feel honored too that I saw of my stuff on your wall :D :D :D

John Michael Pesina said...

Your bedroom kicks ass, man!

I could never have that much stuff in my room. I'd just have some weird OCD freakout if I tried.

I love all the cool Gorillaz posters, and I think I spotted a Get Behind Me Satan poster. NICE!

Angel said...

your room is so cool, i want that dead bat!

Matthew Luxich said...

Zach,
Your work is killer... every piece you do cracks me up and am always looking forward to the next one. That asside, man your room/lair/inspirational mancave is epic. It makes me think back to college when my room was covered from ground to ceiling with toys, posters, vhs tapes(it was the late 80s) and stacks of comics. thanks for sharing and as always a huge fan of your work.

matt

Mistress Machete said...

My boyfriend says that you have the syndrome of diogenes XDDD

Lexi said...

oh my goodness your room is pure awesomeness! I can't believe all the stuff you collect, wow! All of that definitely shows in your work, I can see how your inspired!

milind said...

hhiii just happened to stmble upon ur blog and was indeed a pleasure to see your awesome collection and the workplace,every little thing is just amazing and inspiring! brillint work too.

emily said...

holy
shit

i don't even. i do not. even. the mouse detective cel, the SIGNED K'NUCKLES, the httyd figures- i am sitting here in awe and shock

i am a shell of my former self

Fernan said...

You don't know how jealous i am wile watching your room! It's...it's....EPIC!!!! A true animator's dream room right there. Mad props to you my friend; now excuse me while i try to even beguin making my room as cool looking as yours. Hope that's even possible though.