Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ghosts and Goblins of 2010!!!


"When the Ghosts wail and sing,
The Goblins ears do sting,
And the harvest moon's the biggest it's been,
this year on Hallowe'en!"

Today is Halloweeeen!!! The one night where ghosts and goblins steal candy from innocent children...well maybe...anyway, here's some art and other festivities that led up to this day!


I was extremely inspired by these old 1920's costumes I found.


They were basically variations of the clothing style of that time but with pumpkins and cats as buttons or scarves. Really awesome, so I had to draw the coolest ones! It would be really interesting to go back in time and see how everything was back then...


Check out dis smirking pumpkin I carved when I was visiting home! I think he's got the hots for you!


We also got a swan gord which I had wanted to paint to look like a witch but instead it started to look like Gonzo mixed with the Joker.


Talula made friends with the pumkin!



And here is my costume!!!


It was always a dream of mine to be an extra on a Planet of the Apes movie. I love that makeup so much.


ITS A MADHOUSE! A MAAAADHOUSE!!!



Lastly here's a cool Halloween song you can listen to!



So I hope everyone has a great Halloween! I'm going to the NYC Halloween parade today and will definitely take some pictures of that to post!

Happy Haunts,

Zach

7 comments:

Shawn Dickinson said...

Awesome art! I love that vintage Halloween vibe! And great costume too!!!

Hope you have a great Halloween, Zach ol buddy!

Mike said...

Agreed. Retro is bett...ro.

Awesome pics, gourds, and makeup, and the clip at the end is a great find! Hope your Halloween is 100% ghastly!

aintshakespeare said...

Fabulous picks, both! I love the girl and the werewolf. So cool. And nice pumpkin and costume.

Nickie J said...

Dang, I love vintage finds!
You'll often find me at antique markets, unable to afford things.

Pedro Vargas said...

Love those drawings, Zach!! Those vintage costumes rule!! Great ape make-up job too!

Erin said...

What a fun post! I always get really inspired for halloween too. I think I posted like 20 things on my blog this month, then next month they'll be nothing haha.

I like the retro costume illustration a ton!

N.Hall said...

I LOVE your costume holy cow!

Hope you had a great time and I love the ghosts mouth in the top pic ;D