Monday, May 16, 2011

A Hard Days Week

PHEW! What a week...So much has happened.

First Tara flew in to come to the Dusty's screening, the show that features all the senior thesis films on a theater size screen! What a thrill, seeing my stuff and all my friends stuff on a huge screen was exhilarating!


(Can you see the people's little heads down there?)

After that was the Awards Ceremony for the senior thesis's. I ended up sitting with these two hunks of glass...







I won Best Traditional Character Design and tied with my pal Mike for Best Traditional Animation. It was definitely shocking and nerve wracking, since I had to make a speech and forgot to thank some people but it was an honor all together. I feel like the awards should go to my friends and class mates who worked just as hard, and most of them even harder than I did. Thanks for getting me through the year, guys! Also Congrats to Mirella for Best Production Design and Zack W. for Best Stop Motion and Best Stop Motion Character Design! You guys rock!



Lastly was GRADUATION. I am officially done with school FOREVER. I still don't think it hit me yet since I still feel like I'm going back in 3 months. It's gonna be weird...



I'm extremely thankful to have attended SVA. Being there was really the best experience I have ever had and will stick with me for the rest of my life. Some people say you don't need college, but I think I needed it. I learned so much, met so many cool friends, tried different things, got interested in things I never would have, found new influences and spent a lot of time in the best damn city in the world, New York! It really made me love school and I'm really going to miss the whole college feel.

So what's next for me? I have a freelance job, an internship, my film has been submitted to some festivals...so far so good, lets see how it goes!

See you on the other side!

(Sorry if this post seems rushed, I have to go to bed so I can wake up and do important stuff!)

6 comments:

Alex said...

Congrats mate... can't wait to see the film!

Mukpuddy said...

AWESOME DUDE!

Justin Munroe said...

Way to go man!!! School is a great thing I missed my one chance and hate that fact every day. Can't wait to see the film. And freelancing isn't that bad I enjoy it. Good luck with everything else you have mad crazy skills and people need to see your work!!!

Strange Kid said...

Way to go, Zach! That is seriously pretty freaking awesome- congrats on the awards and especially graduating.

I'm with Justin, definitely can't wait to see the film. We all know you're going to go on to do some great work! :D

John Will Balsley said...

I been a fan of your stuff for only a few months but CONGRATULATIONS!

When do you think your film will be available to the public?

Cheers!

R.Dress said...

Best of luck Zach and congratulations! Keep up the great work. Stay in NYC=)