Sunday, October 30, 2011

Kandy Coated Kackles vol 12. Rotting In The Attic

Today's volume is appropriately titled "Rotting in the Attic" because its compiled of long forgotten ghosts from the early 1930's to the 50's. You'll find skeletons in the closet, Boogey men under the stair case, and demons under the bed. So let those phantom trumpets wail and start swinging you sinners!


Download!

Tracks:

1. Haunted House- Ray Noble Orchestra
2. Skeleton In The Closet- Matt Gonella & His Georgians
3. The Boogy Man is Here- Tom Gerun
4. Nightmare- Artie Shaw & His Orchestra
5. Secret Treat
6. The Ghost of the St. Louis Blues- Emmet Miller
7. The Yodeling Ghost- Bing Crosby
8. Hell's Bells- Sid Peltyn
9. Bug-A-Boo- Red Nichols & His Five Pennies
10. The House Is Haunted- Kay Starr
11. Got The Jitters- Don Redman
12. Black Cat, Hoot Owl Blues- Ma Rainey
13. Jeepers Creepers- The Four Freshman
14. Dead Man Blues- Jelly Roll Morton
15. Quoth Th Raven- Ella Mae Morse
16. Mysterioso- Artie Shaw & His Orchestra
17. Secret Treat
18. Tain't No Sin (So Take off Your Skin)- Dan Russo Orchestra
19. With Her Head Tucked Beneath Her Arm- Cyril Smith
20. Dry Bones- Fats Waller
21. Strange Enchantment- Skinnay Ennis
22. Harlem Nocturne- The Viscounts
23. Disney's Trick or Treat for Halloween
24. Son of Frankenstein Main Title- Frank Skinner
25. The Boogie Man/ I'm a Ghost- Todd Rollins
26. Secret Treat

Also if anyone is interested in anything Vintage Halloween, check out my tumblr "Vintage Halloween Treats" !

3 comments:

Seth Nicholas Johnson said...

Your best one yet!

Really_Rather_Not_Nice said...

Well, I have to admit it, and risk sounding ungrateful (though I'm not, please believe)... but you almost lost me with this mix. I wasn't feeling many of the songs on here, but then I started getting that some of them have an undeniable charm. "Skeleton in the Closet" feels like the Squirrel Nut Zippers traveled back in time to play swing in the time period where it originated... and Dan Russo's "T'ain't No Sin" is nothing but fun. I'd never heard Fats Waller's "Dry Bones" and have to say it is the best version of the song I think I've ever heard. Cyril Smith's ode to Anne Boleyn is inspired, spooky, funny, and catchy... and who can hear "Jeepers Creepers" without a chill nowadays? "Harlem Nocturne" is one of my absolute favorite instrumentals anyone, with its old-style noir feel. Todd Rollins BoogieMan/I'm a ghost pair has a classic Casper feel to it (I'm going to feel stupid if it was actually used in one of those old cartoons).

The artwork for this mix's cover is brilliant. It has obvious ties to some of the earlier work I've seen on your blog, (different costumes on the boy and girl, and the Bogey Man is a recurring theme of course) and your devianart gallery... This is probably another of my favorite album covers of the lot.

Thanks again for all the music and art, hope to see you up to all kinds of cool work this year, and Happy Halloween!

Belle Dee said...

I would have downloaded this one, but I already have ALL these songs. This is my favorite music for Halloween!! Love this cover too!!