Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Croc-a-billy Sculpture

So here's something I completely forgot about. I made this sculpture like last summer but never really said anything about it and kept forgetting to post photos. I remember going to a Maurice Sendak show held at an animation gallery and seeing some sculptures that Dr. Seuss did of random made up animals. It got me inspired to do the same! So I chose my favorite animal and combined it with my favorite kind of music and this is what happened! A rebellious rockin' reptile equipt with leather jacket, greasy hair and biiiig teeth!











Here's some making-of photos. Started with tin foil and then covered it with super sculpy.







Baked it in the oven and then painted it with acrylics!



Sculpting is really fun and the end result is always satisfying. I definitely want to try it again once I get some free time. Maybe I'll do something smaller, this guy kinda takes up a lot of room...

4 comments:

M.B. Thomas said...

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

jwbalsley said...

A very fun and intricate sculpture, it reminds me to make some, it's been since collage.

Kerry M. Walsh said...

Super fantastic! You should get a Tumblr

ThePaintedPisces said...

This is soooooo awesome! Make the time to do more, pleeeeease!